Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Just Another Manic Monday

Monday, November 17, 2014

Remember when the weekend was exciting and you looked forward to it all week? Yea, that was a long time ago for me. Long before I even had a kid. It's kind of depressing to think about now. We get so busy and we're rushing and rushing. We just need some slow down time. It has gotten so bad in our home that I have barely spent anytime with Jake in the past 2 months. So I decided it was time for a change. We were going to have alone time away from the child. And start up with some family time.
Don't get me wrong, I do love Audrey, but we all need a break from our children. It's not healthy to devote every second to them and it's not healthy for them. They may get a little mad but trust me, kids get over things pretty fast. These past 2 weeks have been the worst. Jake has had such a whacky schedule and Audrey and I were terribly sick. Thursday, Audrey was just a monster. Everything was no, she was mad at me for everything and just wanted her dad. So Jake took me out on the town for a  very fun night.
 
We went to dinner at a restaurant on our bucket list, then went to a new bar for some drinks with some friends and home for a movie. It was so amazing to have an adult conversation with him and not worry about the kid. Cleared my head and helped me to relax. I even got dressed up, well dressed up for me. Which means I put on makeup and wore heeled boots. Hey, I was still one hot mama to him.
 
Friday, I decided was going to be a fun family day for us but Jake had to go help a buddy who had no heat, so I didn't mind. Audrey and I decorated for Christmas. Why not, I love Christmas and love the décor. Then we painted some pictures.


Audrey made her cookie plate for Santa and painted me a snowflake and a Christmas Countdown. While she made a huge mess, the fun we had was worth it. She made it the best day and then we made one of our favorite dinners for dad, sliders. Yum!
 
Saturday was fun. We spent the morning together and then caught up on Sons of Anarchy. Sunday is FOOTBALL! GO SEAHAWKS! Audrey and I also made some delicious sugar cookies.
 
Monday is here and I am not happy about it. Jake has another crazy schedule this week. I am going to do my best to make it easy on all of us so we can enjoy next weekend and do our family photos with a smile.
 
What do you do to make family time special?
 
 



2 comments:

  1. I love that santa plate idea! I think I will do that this year... :) Have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, it's so easy to do. I will have the tutorial up tomorrow on how we made it.

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme