Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Sick Kid Meals

Monday, November 3, 2014

It's finally snot season. Yuck! I don't have an issue with any body fluid other than snot. Just thinking about it makes me gag.I'm sorry, Audrey, but when your nose runs, I want to run and hide from you because it's repulsive.

I can wipe a nasty butt any day, in fact, I have been lately. My little bug has come down with a bug. She has a phlehmy cough and she's practically lost her adorable voice. Like most people, appetite is an issue for her when she's sick. I pump her full of Powerade but have struggled to get her food.

Today she had terrible diarrhea. So bad, it stunk up the whole section of the pizza place we were at. I leaned across to my dad and asked him if he had just farted, he said no. I lean over to Audrey and bam, got punched hard in the face by the smell. A smell that you would think came straight from Hell! I ran her to the car and got her changed. Even worse, had to leave the diaper in my car for a bit because there was no where to dispose of it.

When we got home I realized that I know the BRAT diet (bananas, rice, applesauce, toast) for when you have nausea but no foods for diarrhea. So I turned to Google. It gave me some great ideas for meals when your munchkins are sick.

Audrey loves applesauce which is great since I just made about a dozen pints. Sprinkle a little cinnamon on it and she eats the whole bowl. Easy on the stomach and it helps with hydration. Once she started perking up again, it was time for some more filling substance. So we made up some tuna and mayo then served it on saltines. She devoured it.

Soup is not very easy to feed her just yet. But I do like to make up some chicken broth with garlic in it for her and a grilled cheese sandwich. Makes it go down easier. And of course, everything either gets Powerade or some orange juice with it for extra vitamin c and hydration.

Most importantly, play it by ear. Your little one will give you queues. Don't forget the cuddles of course and if it gets bad enough, call your child's pediatrician.

*Alyssa*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme