Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Fan Friday: Girl on the Move

Friday, September 19, 2014

Wow, it's already Friday. Today I am so excited to introduce you to Julie. She's awesome and I love her because she loves me. Well and she loves cupcakes and is an amazing writer. Oh, and she loves my chalkboard wine glasses I made her. So I'm going to turn it over to you, Julie.


I am a Girl on the Move who loves adventures and am always on the move, so whether that is exploring Southern California, tasting a new cupcake, running or traveling, I want to share those adventures with you!  I hope to inspire you to try new things and when you do try something new, I'd love to hear about it!

 I wanted to take a quick break and answer the most common questions I am asked about cupcakes!  And if you have any additional questions, leave them in the comments and I’ll answer them!
How do you eat all of those cupcakes and not weigh 300 pounds?
Hands down, this is the question I am asked the most often and I actually think the answer is pretty simple.  I average close to 1 cupcake a week but that’s really my only indulgence.  Outside of that one cupcake I eat a pretty clean diet and I love running so I think that’s why I don’t weigh 300 pounds. B Candy Cupcakes | Girl on the Move Blog
Do you have a favorite cupcake shop?
I’d have to really stop and think about this one!  I think I’ve been to about 75 cupcake shops across the country so it’s difficult to pick a favorite.  But…
Sweet and Saucy is where everything started so they’ll always hold a special place in my heart.  I also love the concept behind Church of Cupcakes in Denver so they’re pretty high on my list.  And Brown Betty Dessert Boutique in Philadelphia is just downright delicious!
And if you want to check out the other cupcake shops I’ve been visited, head over to the GOTM Travel Guide and search for a cupcake shop near you!
What is the cupcake trifecta?
In my opinion there are three things that make a cupcake perfect…
-The cake part is moist
-The frosting isn’t too sweet
-There is a balanced ratio of cake to frosting…too much or too little frosting just doesn’t do it for me!
Clockwise from top: Salty Caramel, Sweet Dream, The Big Cheese, Charlie Brown
Clockwise from top: Salty Caramel, Sweet Dream, The Big Cheese, Charlie Brown
How do you find new cupcake shops to try?
Lots of ways!  I get lots of referrals from people, I’ll come across cupcake shops that others mention in their social media posts and sometimes if I am traveling I will simply google “cupcake shops in fill in the name of the city where I am traveling”
Will you come try our cupcakes?
I’d absolutely love to come and try your cupcakes!  If your cupcake shop fits in with my upcoming travel plans I would be happy to come and check it out!  You can get my contact information on my Contact page so we can get in touch! Mountain Cupcakes | Girl on the Move Blog
Do you ever have cupcakes that you don’t like?
Rarely.  But I’ll be honest, it happens.  There has only been one cupcake shop I regret blogging about because the cupcakes weren’t really that good and I struggled with what to say.  But I was committed, so I wrote the post anyways.  And there have two or three times when I’ve had a cupcake and not blogged about it because I didn’t like it.  But hey, 3 out of 75 isn’t bad!
What is your favorite flavor of cupcake?
I am a sucker for anything with salted caramel.  And I also just love a traditional vanilla cupcake with buttercream frosting.  Oh, and cream cheese frosting…that’ll get me every time!
So I’d love to hear from you…where should I visit next?  And what other cupcake questions do you have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme