Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Oh My Monday!: Counting my blessings

Monday, September 22, 2014

Welcome back everyone to the most hated day of the week. Poor Monday, you get treated terribly. I guess I don't have a right to hate you, you've never done anything to me and being home everyday, I don't get the same resentment as others.

I guess it's time to come back to reality. It was an odd weekend for me. Went to a funeral across state for my biological grandfather. I didn't have a relationship with him so I didn't know how to feel about it all. Saturday night, I called Jake, to talk to him. He reminded me of something important. I can't be mad over it. At the memorial,  his friends told stories about him. They talked about all of the things he did for them. I should be happy about this not mad. Being mad is selfish.

After I went to bed that night, I lied in my hotel room  cuddling Audrey. I was thinking about everything I have. It may not seem like a lot to others but it's a lot to me. I have a man who loves me unconditionally, a beautiful and healthy little girl, and a silly dog who is always excited to see me. My parents have always been supportive of me and given me so much more than I deserved. I have some of the funnest Aunts and Uncles and cousins who I still hang out with like best friends to this day. Grandparents who love to still spoil me and fed me ice cream for breakfast more times than not. Those are true blessings.

Hell, I am extremely spoiled. Jake bought me a house and has worked his ass off the past 7 years with it to update it for us. I know I complain about it but I just get annoyed with the updates it needs still and the neighbors. If you were to see it for the first time,  you'd know instantly that it's a home.

We always want more. We've become greedy. It's OK to want more but make sure it's something that will make you wealthy in your soul not your pocket book. Just like the fact that I want a bigger SUV but don't need one. And that's ok. I also want another child but don't know if I will have anymore and I am so happy to have Audrey. My health issues aren't her fault and I will always love her. She is more than enough for our family.

So buck up and stop having a pity party for what you don't have. Stop trying to keep up with the Jones'. You can't take it when you go and you don't want to raise greedy and selfish children.

Count your blessings. Right them down so you are always reminded. And says your prayers and brush your teeth because God and germs are everywhere.

*Alyssa*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme