Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Toddler Tuesday: Keeping them busy when you're busy

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Toddlers love to help us. They like feeling like big kids. Although, Audrey is only 18 months, she still has chores she does but to her, they're just games. She helps me load and unload the dishwasher. We fold laundry together. She loves doing laundry (makes one of us). I hand her dirty clothes and she throws them in the washing machine and then helps me swap them to the dryer. Audrey also knows how to pick up her toys and put them away, when she wants to. It's nice having her want to help right now. There are times though, that I really don't want her help with things and have to distract her.

We got a big shipping box in and I had so much to do. I just needed it done and didn't want her in the way so I grabbed the box and stripped off her clothes and tossed her in. Popped the lids off of some markers, gave them to her and let her make some art. She had a blast. Little fit even when it was time to get out. That box was gorgeous. She colored it and made me it her own art. The best part was how proud she was of it all. She kept showing it to me and smiling.

I am trying to avoid using the tv as a distraction/baby sitter but yea, it's convenient at moments. It does get hard to deal because she is so used to doing everything with me. Once in a while I have to take her to my parent's house for 2 or 3 hours so I can get some stuff done. Don't beat yourself up because you can't sit down right this second with them. Yes, chores can wait but when you have no clean dishes or undies, it can't. Try and find ways to get your little ones to help. Remember Mary Poppins, one of my favorite movies, she made it a game. I've tried snapping plenty of times,  still doesn't work.

You can do it!

*Alyssa*



No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme