Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Toddler Tuesday: Long Car Rides Are BORING!

Monday, September 22, 2014

If you read yesterday's post then you know we had a long weekend. Drove 4 hours to Seattle for my grandfather's funeral, spent the night and drove home Sunday afternoon. So much packed into such little time. Honestly, I was so excited to get home to my own bed.

There are so many posts and articles on how to travel with a toddler. Let me break it down for you parents, it's not that glamorous! While Audrey is mostly a well behaved child, it still was not entirely fun. She did have some fits and I did argue with her. Honestly, I don't think it would have been as easy to have drove if my parent's didn't have their new car with the tv in it. Thank God for the DVD player. Oh and the snacks. Lots and lots of snacks. The worst part for me was being car sick the entire time.

As we get older, we're used to sitting for long periods of time. Not a tiny toddler. We stopped as much as possible and walked around. She would fuss and squirm trying to get out of her car seat. I was trying very hard to keep her comfortable. We had lots of toys, her baby doll, books and a mini karaoke machine. We made silly faces at each other and sang.

I have not been on a plane with her yet and am not looking forward to it when it does happen. Although, I will do everything again to make her comfortable and enjoy it.

What are your tips for traveling with small children? 

*Alyssa*

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme