Pages

 photo botslide.jpg

Busy Bee trying to make a Busy Business

Thursday, September 4, 2014

I have always loved crafting. My mother got me hooked when I was little. Being an only child, it was a great way for her to keep me busy. I am so glad she did. She still has some of the fimo clay characters I made her. I made her a germ and a porcupine, plus many others. It was a blast. I made plenty of pipe cleaner statues and jewelry as well. Who knew I would take my love and turn it into a passion and a business?

I started out originally making hair bows for a baby shower gift and decided to sell them. I didn't do nearly as well as I would have liked. Comes to find out, I was seriously lacking in the marketing department. So because I wasn't getting orders, I didn't believe in myself. I gave up on myself and thought it just wasn't meant to be in my life story.

Being a stay at home mom is great but I felt like I was losing not only my mind but my self worth. It was exhausting. So after a lot of talk and praying, I decided to start my business up again the right way this time. Owning a crafting business isn't as easy as it sounds. It takes a lot of time, failures, and late nights. You don't make a fortune over night. You will beat yourself up and be your worst critic. If you truly love what you do, then so will others.

Now, I am not making enough money to have Jake quit work just yet so I can be his sugar mama. Oh I would love for that to happen. It takes time though. Obviously I know that there are much better business women than myself out there but I am going to do my best to show you how you can do it as well. I will show you failures and my triumphs. I am happy and proud of myself. It's amazing to be doing this.

Follow me on facebook to see the newest products. Fab Flares by Audrey's Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme